CALL FOR PROPOSALS ACP-EU CULTURE PROGRAMME: SUPPORT FOR THE CULTURAL AND CREATIVE SECTORS IN WEST AFRICA.
The ACP-EU CULTURE PROGRAMME: SUPPORT FOR THE CULTURAL AND CREATIVE SECTORS IN WEST AFRICA) – AWA (Art in West Africa) is one of the six (06) regional projects selected under the ACP-EU Program Culture, a joint initiative of the European Union (EU) and the Organization of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS), through the establishment of the new decentralized regional mechanism aimed at strengthening the competitiveness of industries culture and creativity in ACP countries.
The ACP-EU CULTURE PROGRAMME: SUPPORT FOR THE CULTURAL AND CREATIVE SECTORS IN WEST AFRICA- AWA has a dual objective, namely: on the one hand, to support the revitalization of the competitiveness of cultural and creative industries while along the value chain (creation, production and distribution) in the 16 West African countries and on the other hand, to help support the development of the digital economy in West Africa by supporting players in the cultural and creative industries in their digital transition.
The program is implemented over a period of 40 months (December 2020 – April 2024) by the consortium Institut français de Paris (IF) and the Center Culturel Kôrè de Ségou (CCK).
Thus, as part of the implementation of this project, a fourth call dedicated to support for the promotion of West African cultures has been launched. The maximum amount of the grant awarded under this call is 25,000 euros.
The objective of this call is to promote the cultural and creative content of West Africa, by promoting assistance for creation and production, image education and the development of means of dissemination and distribution (physical and digital) of cultural goods.
This is the last call of the AWA project, 34 cultural operators will benefit from this enhancement fund. The projects presented must be implemented during the period from March 1 to December 31, 2023 (10 months) .
Types of eligible entities/organizations
Are eligible for this call, artists or groups of artists, associations, NGOs, umbrella organizations of cultural organizations, foundations, cultural enterprises in the private sector, incubators, start-ups, all under local law which mainly carry out their activity in the cultural and creative sector and who have legal or administrative recognition or legal existence and a fiscal and administrative address for at least three (3) years in one of the 16 target countries (Benin , Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo).
Types of eligible activities
For this call, the following activities are eligible:
Axis 1: Creation / production of quality goods and services at a competitive cost and in increased quantity
• Support for cultural projects affecting areas and audiences remote from the cultural offer;
• Support for live shows (dance, theatre, music, etc.), writing residencies and the creation of multimedia content (digital and video games);
• Cultural mediation projects in museums and cultural tourism sites;
• Support for the circulation of works and cultural content (travelling exhibitions, tours, etc.).
Axis 2: Access to national, regional and international markets, circulation / distribution / promotion of ACP goods and services as widely as possible
• Support projects for traditional distribution channels (performance halls, cinemas, galleries, community radio stations, etc.) and innovative ones (digital platforms, web radio, social networks, etc.)
• Support projects for digital media and television producing or broadcasting local cultural content (support for producers and broadcasters).
Axis 3: Improved and extended image education
• Arts education and image education activities, particularly for young audiences.